Sam and Ryan talk about the challenges of building nested dropdowns, whether a component reading data from its children is an anti-pattern, how angle-bracket syntax encourages new components, and whether “CSS best practices” exist.
- 00:40 – Thinking through a nested drop-down navigation menu
- 35:15 – Building an component & angle-bracket syntax
- 45:00 – Layout UI primitives
- 46:35 – What are CSS best practices? How might Tailwind encourage these?
- 52:17 – "Semantic" classes. Should developers have to name every UI element, if designers don't?