Adam and Wynn caught up with Adam Moore and Satyen Desai from the YUI team to talk about YUI 3, Node.js, and working with Douglas Crockford.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Notes and Links
- Follow the YUI Blog for the latest developments, such as the new 3.3.0 release
- Adam Moore and Satyen Desai are engineers on the YUI team.
- The Autocomplete widget provides a flexible, configurable, and accessible implementation of the AutoComplete design pattern.
- The DataTable widget renders columnar data into a highly customizable and fully accessible HTML table
- The Dial widget is an alternative to sliders
- The Community developed the drag/move component
- YUI is on GitHub, fueling community involvement
- Douglas Crockford is the author of JSLint, the JSON spec, featured on Episode 0.2.6 from TXJS
- Eric Miraglia is the Engineering Manager for the YUI team
- Dave Glass - has a great talk about YUI + Node
- “I love async, but I can’t code like this”
- Many of the additional Node.js modules deal with parallel execution
- Adam suggests targeting features, not platform since features like touch will be on the desktop eventually.
- Satyen’s talk on YUI’s mobile strategy
- The YUI Gallery lists discoverable components contributed by the community