Andrew Gerrand joined the show to talk about the state of Go in 2015, how Go compares to other concurrent languages, why people choose Go over other languages, the C to Go toolchain conversion, and what’s coming in version 1.5 and 1.6 of Go.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Codeship – If it works with Docker, it works with Codeship Jet.
- Toptal – Join Toptal and work with awesome people from anywhere in the world. Freelance with companies like Airbnb, Artsy & IDEO.
- DigitalOcean – Use the code
CHANGELOGto get a $10 hosting credit when you create a new DigitalOcean account
Notes and Links
Andrew works on the Go Programming Language at Google.
“The reasons why I choose Go (and I think why other people choose go) are a lot to do with programmer joy… the overriding sentiment amongst Go users is that Go just gets out of your way and lets you write code.” - Andrew Gerrand @ 18:32
- Andrew’s slides for The State of Go in 2015
- Andrew Gerrand (@enneff) | Twitter
- Andrew Gerrand on Github
- The Changelog #100: Go programming with Rob Pike and Andrew Gerrand
- The Changelog #3: Google’s Go Programming Language
- golang/go on GitHub
- Facebook, Mercurial or Git? - The Changelog
- FOSDEM Conf
- Go + HTTP/2
- Cool Math Games
- Go Kit
- Go and the Modern Enterprise - Peter Bourgon - London Go Gathering 2015
- Beats, Rye & Types Podcast
- Go Programming Playlist - Youtube