eBPF is a revolutionary kernel technology that has lite the cloud native world on fire. If you’re going to have one person explain the excitement, that person would be Liz Rice. Liz is the COSO at Isovalent, creators of the open source Cilium project and pioneers of eBPF tech.
On this episode Liz tells Jerod all about the power of eBPF, where it came from, what kind of new applications its enabling, and who is building the next generation of networking, security, and observability tools with it.
Changelog++ members save 7 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- InfluxData – InfluxData’s Edge Data Replication feature allows developers to replicate data from local instances into InfluxDB Cloud, enables users to aggregate and store data for long-term management and analysis, and to satisfy regulations. It brings the horsepower closer to the sensor and gives developers and solution builders the ability to leverage their own elastic compute resources deployed at the edge. Learn more at influxdata.com/changelog
- Fly.io – Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Square – Develop on the platform that sellers trust. There is a massive opportunity for developers to support Square sellers by building apps for today’s business needs. Learn more at changelog.com/square to dive into the docs, APIs, SDKs and to create your Square Developer account — tell them Changelog sent you.
- Retool – The low-code platform for developers to build internal tools — Some of the best teams out there trust Retool…Brex, Coinbase, Plaid, Doordash, LegalGenius, Amazon, Allbirds, Peloton, and so many more – the developers at these teams trust Retool as the platform to build their internal tools. Try it free at retool.com/changelog
Notes and Links
- eBPF’s website
- Brendan Gregg’s eBPF-based tracing tools
- Cilium’s website
- BPF Compiler Collection (BCC)
- Meta’s Katran project
- Cloudflare’s packet filtering
- Parca continuous profiling
- Cilium’s Hubble
- Netflix’s Falco project
- Cilum’s Tetragon project
- eBPF Summit 2022
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!