Dmitry Jemerov joined the show to talk about Kotlin - a language created by JetBrains that’s designed to be an industrial-strength object-oriented language, and a “better language” than Java. We asked Dmitry “Why invent a new language?”, talked through Google announcing official Android support, covered some of Kotlin’s characteristics, Kotlin vs Swift, and more.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Hired – Get hired. It’s free — in fact, they pay you to get hired. Our listeners get a double hiring bonus of $600.
- DigitalOcean – Get DigitalOcean Spaces free for 2 months. Securely store and deliver any amount of data with the same simplicity you’ve come to expect from us. Instantaneously create a cost-effective, reliable storage space using our drag-and-drop UI or API.
- CircleCI – CircleCI is a continuous integration and delivery platform that helps software teams rapidly release code with confidence by automating the build, test, and deploy process. Checkout the recently launched CircleCI 2.0!
- Dmitry Jemerov – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links