Mike Glukhovsky joined the show to talk about the future of RethinkDB. Mike was a co-founder of RethinkDB along-side Slava Akhmechet. RethinkDB shutdown a year ago officially on October 5, 2016 — and today we’re talking through all the details with Mike. The shutdown, getting purchased by the CNCF, relicensing, buying back their IP and source code, community and governance, and some specific features that Mike and the rest of the community are excited about.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- CircleCI – CircleCI is a continuous integration and delivery platform that helps software teams rapidly release code with confidence by automating the build, test, and deploy process. Checkout the recently launched CircleCI 2.0!
- Bugsnag – Mission control for software quality! Monitor website or mobile app errors that impact your customers. Our listeners can try all the features free for 60 days ($118 value).
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Mike Glukhovsky – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- The Changelog #114 (with Slava Akhmechet)
- The Changelog #181 (with Slava Akhmechet)
- Proposal: Modifier functions · Issue #5813 · rethinkdb/rethinkdb
- The ReQL query language
- RethinkDB joins The Linux Foundation
- RethinkDB Documentation
- RethinkDB is shutting down
- Contribute to RethinkDB
- From Slava Akhmechet on why RethinkDB failed
- Announcing RethinkDB 2.3.6: the first release under community governance
- CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation) Members
- The liberation of RethinkDB
- Apache License, Version 2.0