Jerod talked with Paul Fremantle, the CTO and Co-Founder of WSO2, about their new programming language, Ballerina — a cloud-native language which aims to make it easier to write microservices that integrate APIs. They talked about the creation of the language and how it was inspired by so many technologies, cloud native features like built-in container support, serverless-friendly, observability, and how it works with, or without, a service mesh — just to name a few.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Indeed – Indeed Assessments is a remote-first team that operates like a startup within Indeed — and they’re hiring. If you’re looking to join a remote-first team working on really big problems that will literally impact 100’s of Millions of people, head to indeed.jobs/changelog
- DigitalOcean – DigitalOcean is simplicity at scale. Whether your business is running one virtual machine or ten thousand, DigitalOcean gets out of your way so your team can build, deploy, and scale faster and more efficiently. New accounts get $100 in credit to use in your first 60 days.
- Algolia – Our search partner. Algolia’s full suite search APIs enable teams to develop unique search and discovery experiences across all platforms and devices. We’re using Algolia to power our site search here at Changelog.com. Get started for free and learn more at algolia.com.
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
Notes and Links
- Ballerina.io - Landing page of Ballerina.io : Cloud Native Programming Language
- Ballerina’s philosophy - Ballerina.io design philosophy which incorporates fundamental concepts of distributed system integration into the language
- Ballerina Central - Ballerina.io Central code repository of reusable code packages
- Coverage on The New Stack - Article on Ballerina in The New Stack