In late 2019, Bill Nichols, a senior member of the technical staff at Carnegie Mellon University with the Software Engineering Institute published his study on “the 10x developer myth.” On this show we talk with Bill about all the details of his research. Is the 10x developer a myth? Let’s find out.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Linode – Our cloud of choice and the home of Changelog.com. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2020. To learn more and get started head to linode.com/changelog.
- Mux – If you’re trying to build video into your app, you’ll have to decide between building it yourself or using an out-of-the-box platform. Mux gives you the best of both worlds by doing for video what Stripe has done for payments. Mux simplifies all things video to an easy to use API. Get $50 in credit to play with at get.mux.com/changelog.
- Algolia – Our search partner. As the world is spending even more time online, search will be a critical lever for engaging your own users and customers. Algolia made their Pro Plan free to any developer or team working on a COVID-19-related, not-for-profit website or app.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- William Nichols – Twitter
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links