We talk with Alan Duric, Co-founder and CEO of Wire, an open source end-to-end encrypted instant messaging app for voice and video calls. In 2005 Alan co-founded Camino Networks which was later acquired by Skype, and his involvement with internet based voice communications goes back 20 years. We talk about the early days of Skype, why Wire is open source, the importance of encryption, the importance of secure messaging, their polyglot ways, and how they plan to stand apart from other apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal and more.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Bugsnag – Mission control for software quality! Monitor website or mobile app errors that impact your customers. Our listeners can try all the features free for 60 days ($118 value).
- DigitalOcean – Get DigitalOcean Spaces free for 2 months. Securely store and deliver any amount of data with the same simplicity you’ve come to expect from us. Instantaneously create a cost-effective, reliable storage space using our drag-and-drop UI or API.
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
- Toptal – Hire the top 3% of freelance software developers, designers, and finance experts. Email
email@example.com a personal introduction.
- Alan Duric – Twitter
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links