Julius Volz from SoundCloud joined the show to talk about Prometheus, an open-source service monitoring system written in Go.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Codeship – If it works with Docker, it works with Codeship Jet.
- DigitalOcean – Use the code
CHANGELOGto get a $10 hosting credit when you create a new DigitalOcean account
- Toptal – Join Toptal and work with awesome people from anywhere in the world. Freelance with companies like Airbnb, Artsy & IDEO.
Notes and Links
- Julius Volz (@juliusvolz) on Twitter
- Julius Volz (@juliusv) on GitHub
- Prometheus Homepage
- Prometheus on GitHub
- Prometheus Community
- Prometheus Google Group
- What is Prometheus?
- Monitoring at SoundCloud with Prometheus
- Push vs Pull for Monitoring | Big Data for Travel – Boxever
- Icinga | Open Source Monitoring
- Nagios - The Industry Standard in IT Infrastructure Monitoring
- The Changelog #167: Mesos and Mesosphere DCOS with Tobi Knaup
- The Changelog #163: Go in the Modern Enterprise Using gokit with Peter Bourgon
- Björn Rabenstein (@beorn7) on GitHub
- John Carmack (Wikipedia)
- Rob Pike (Wikipedia)
- Dmitry Vyukov (@dvyukov) on Twitter
- Changelog Community Membership (get access to our members only Slack room)
- Changelog Weekly
- Changelog Nightly