Johan Vos joined us to talk about his new book ‘Quantum Computing for Developers’ which is available to read right now as part of the Manning Early Access Program (MEAP). Listen near the end of the show to learn how you can get a free copy or check the show notes for details. We talked with Johan about the core principles of Quantum Computing, the hardware and software involved, the differences between quantum computing and classical computing, a little bit of physics, and what can we developers do today to prepare for the perhaps-not-so-distant future of Quantum Computing.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- DigitalOcean – DigitalOcean’s developer cloud makes it simple to launch in the cloud and scale up as you grow. They have an intuitive control panel, predictable pricing, team accounts, worldwide availability with a 99.99% uptime SLA, and 24/7/365 world-class support to back that up. Get your $100 credit at do.co/changelog.
- Mux – If you’re trying to build video into your app, you’ll have to decide between building it yourself or using an out-of-the-box platform. Mux gives you the best of both worlds by doing for video what Stripe has done for payments. Mux simplifies all things video to an easy to use API. Get $50 in credit to play with at get.mux.com/changelog.
- Retool – Retool makes it super simple to build back-office apps in hours, not days. The tool is is built by engineers, explicitly for engineers. Learn more and try it for free at retool.com/changelog
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Johan Vos – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Comment on this episode for a chance to win a FREE copy of the eBook version of Quantum Computing for Developers. Tell us why you are interested in Quantum Computing and how this book might help you prepare for this new frontier in computation. Our 3 favorite comments will be selected 30 days from the date of publish for this episode.
ALSO be sure to use discount code
podchangelog20 to save 40% on Manning’s entire catalog. Whether you want the print edition of Johan’s book or are interested in learning something else from their amazing library of books, we got the hook up. ✊