Mitchell Hashimoto joined the show to talk about HashiCorp’s new tool - Otto, how it compares to and compliments Vagrant, Automation, and we even talked to Mitchell about his history with software development in the beginning of the show.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Codeship – If it works with Docker, it works with Codeship Jet.
- Braintree – Start accepting PayPal, Bitcoin, Venmo, Apple Pay, Android Pay, cards, and whatever’s next – all with a single integration.
- Backtrace – Reduce your time to resolution. Go beyond stacktraces and logs. Get to the root cause quickly with deep application introspection at your fingertips.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice! We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
gotime20to get 2 months free!
- Mitchell Hashimoto – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- The Changelog #72: Vagrant with Mitchell Hashimoto
- The Changelog #88: Vagrant, HashiCorp and Beyond with Mitchell Hashimoto
- A 25-Year-Old Coding Genius Was Making $500,000 A Year In College, And He Just Raised $10 Million For A Startup
- Otto - Development and Deployment Made Easy
- Otto Announcement
- Otto, The Successor to Vagrant
- Getting Started with Otto
- Otto vs. Vagrant
- Vagrant + VMware
- The Changelog #163: Go in the Modern Enterprise Using gokit with Peter Bourgon
- The Changelog #168: Prometheus and Service Monitoring with Julius Volz from SoundCloud
- The Changelog #170: BoltDB, InfluxDB and more with Ben Johnson