Adam and Jerod talk with the members of the .NET Core team at Microsoft about Microsoft’s motivation for open sourcing the base class libraries of .NET, open source vs source open, the true goal of open sourcing .NET Core, and this new Microsoft we’ve been seeing.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Codeship – If it works with Docker, it works with Codeship Jet.
- Toptal – Join Toptal and work with awesome people from anywhere in the world. Freelance with companies like Airbnb, Artsy & IDEO.
Notes and Links
- Rich Lander on Twitter
- Immo Landwerth on Twitter
- Varun Gupta on Twitter
- .NET Core is Open Source - .NET Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
- Introducing .NET Core - .NET Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
- Microsoft on GitHub
- One Week of Open Source - .NET Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
- .NET Foundation - Welcome to the .NET Foundation
- .NET Foundation - .NET Foundation Projects
- .NET Foundation Forums
- A less terrible .NET project build with NuGet - You’ve Been Haacked
- .NET on The Changelog! · Issue #128 · dotnet/corefx
- .NET Channel on Changelog
- #76: .NET, NuGet, and open source with Phil Haack - The Changelog