Scott Hanselman joined today’s show produced in partnership with our friends at OSCON. Scott is a Program Chair of OSCON, host of the podcast Hanselminutes, and advocate for open source inside of Microsoft and the Azure Cloud team. We talked about the oldest software he wrote that’s still in production, the shift inside Microsoft to open source and why, as well as ways to make inclusion and diversity a priority in your communities.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice! Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Hired – Get hired. It’s free — in fact, they pay you to get hired. Our listeners get a double hiring bonus of $600.
- Datadog – Cloud-Scale Monitoring — Monitoring that tracks your dynamic infrastructure and applications. Plus next-generation APM. Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize end-to-end application performance. Start your free trial, install the agent, and get a free t-shirt!
- OSCON – O’Reilly’s Open Source Convention combines the experience of the open source community with ideas and strategies for using open source tools and technologies. There’s no event quite like OSCON! When registration opens — save 20% on most passes by using the code
CHANGELOG20when you register.
- Scott Hanselman – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Use our code
changeloghallpass to get a FREE Expo Hall Pass to OSCON. This will get you access to the hallway track, the exhibitors, and a bunch of other fun stuff.
Adam and Jerod will be there at booth 231, so make sure you stop by. We’ll have some tees and stickers to give away, but they are in limited supply and reserved for members of Changelog Community, which is free to join — so go sign up.
- Scott’s podcast ~> Hanselminutes
- Join the Changelog Community (it’s free)
- Codeland Conference
Related shows you should listen to:
- Spotlight #13: Node at Microsoft, ChakraCore, and VM Neutrality with Gaurav Seth and Arunesh Chandra
- The Changelog #134: Open Sourcing .NET Core with the Microsoft .NET team
- The Changelog #152: TypeScript and Open Source at Microsoft with Anders Hejlsberg and Jonathan Turner
- The Changelog #176: CROSSOVER — CodeNewbie and Community with Saron Yitbarek
- The Changelog #224: .NET Core and Microsoft’s Shift to Open Source with Bertrand Le Roy