Pia Mancini joined the show to talk about Open Collective, her background and where she came from, her passion to upgrade democracy, funding and sustaining open source, what open collective is, how it works, how you can support your favorite open source communities, but more importably how you can take part and start your own collective.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
- Toptal – Scale your team and hire the top 3% of developers and designers at Toptal. Email Adam at
firstname.lastname@example.org a personal introduction to Toptal.
- Rollbar – Put errors in their place! Full-stack error tracking for all apps in any language.
- Pia Mancini – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Pia gave a talk at TEDGlobal 2014 on How to upgrade democracy for the Internet era (over a million views 😱)
- Democracy Earth
- Open Collective — Open Source Collective
- Webpack on Open Collective
- 2016 on Open Collective, and what’s in the works for 2017!
- Open Collective Issues
- Support for paid events - Issue #177
- Together we crowdfunded a yearly budget of over $100,000 for Open Source
- Check out Gratipay and our past episode with Chad Whitacre.