Adam and Wynn caught up with Leah Culver and talked about startups, APIs, and her open source work on OAuth, oEmbed, Hurl.it, Baconfile, and more.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Notes and Links
- OAuth An open protocol to allow secure API authorization in a simple and standard method from desktop and web applications.
- oEmbed oEmbed is a format for allowing an embedded representation of a URL on third party sites.
- 90210 One of Adam’s favorite TV shows from the 90s
- Beverly Hillbillies For the previous generation
- Boxee Open Source media on your TV or PC/Mac
- Hurl.it Test APIs from your browser
- Charles Proxy Monitor or proxy HTTP and SSL / HTTPS traffic between your machine and the Internet.
- Gowalla’s API explorer Neat way to test your Gowalla API calls
- Baconfile Share files simply on your own S3 account
- Chunky Baconfile Wynn’s wrapper for Baconfile, a naming tribute to _why
- Motion Community microblogging on the TypePad API written in Django.
- TypeKit Legally embed fonts from the largest foundries
- Node.js The streak continues!
- How to Node Learn Node.js open blog from Tim Caswell and Micheil Smith. And it’s pronounced Michael, sorry, mate.