Bertrand Le Roy joined the show to talk about all things .NET Core, their recent 1.0 release, where it’s going, the open source around it, and Microsoft’s shift towards more open source.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- Code School – Learn to program by doing with hands-on courses. Save $10 per month! Sign up for Code School for only $19 per month by using our special URL codeschool.com/changelog.
- Toptal – Scale your team and hire the top 3% of developers and designers at Toptal. Email Adam at
firstname.lastname@example.org a personal introduction to Toptal.
- Bertrand Le Roy – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
Special thanks to Brett Morrison for helping us put this show together by introducing us to Bertrand 👏
- The Changelog #134: Open Sourcing .NET Core with the Microsoft .NET Team
- The Changelog #76: .NET, NuGet, and Open Source with Phil Haack
Changelog Weekly Issue #123
- .NET Core on GitHub
- .NET Core contributors graph
- .NET Core docs
- Is Microsoft the biggest OSS contributor? by Francesc Campoy
- Check out Bertrand’s podcast On .NET — YouTube / Channel 9
- Satya Nadella the CEO of Microsoft
- Orchard CMS - a free, open source, community-focused Content Management System built on the ASP.NET MVC platform.
- Scott Guthrie - lives in Seattle and builds products for Microsoft
- dot.net - this is the home of .NET. Powerful Open Source Cross Platform Development.
- Rich Lander announced .NET Core 1.0 on June 27, 2016
- Go here to get started with .NET Core
- Adam finds out there are many facets to Visual Studio — Visual Studio IDE and Visual Studio Code which is open source
- Mono - Cross platform, open source .NET framework
- The Week in .NET - Bertrand’s weekly email for the .NET community
- NuGet - the package manager for the Microsoft development platform including .NET
- .NET Command Line Interface - the command line (CLI) tools used for building .NET Core apps and libraries through your development flow (compiling, NuGet package management, running, testing, …)
- GitHub Issue #210 - Roslyn and C# on The Changelog ping repo.
- Getting started with C#
- Getting started with F#
People to follow in the .NET community
- Miguel de Icaza (Mono, Gnome, Xamarin) - @migueldeicaza
- Scott Hanselman (ASP.NET) - @shanselman
- Mads Torgersen (C#) - @madstorgersen
- Dustin Campbell (VS Code C# extension) - @dcampbell
- Nick Craver (Stack Overflow, perf) - @nick_craver
- Rowan Miller (Entity Framework) - @rowanmiller
- Don Syme (F#) - @dsyme
- Ayende Rahien (RavenDB) - @ayende
- Rachel Reese (Jet.com, F#) - @rachelreese
- Jb Evain (Unity for VS, Cecil) - @jbevain
- Immo Landwerth (NetStandard) - @terrajobst
- Maoni Stephens (garbage collector) - @Maoni0
- Frank A. Krueger (Continuous C# F# IDE for iOS) - @paeclarum
- James Montemagno (Xamarin) - @jamesmontemagno
- Stacey Haffner (gaming) - @yecats131
- Sébastien Ros (Orchard CMS) - @sebastienros
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!