Seth Vargo, the Director of Technical Advocacy at HashiCorp, joined the show to talk about managing secrets with their open source product called Vault which lets you centrally secure, store, and tightly control access to secrets across distributed infrastructure and applications. We talked about Seth’s back story into open source, use cases, what problem it solves, key features like Data Encryption, why they choose to write it in Go, and how they build tooling around the open core model.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
- Toptal – Scale your team and hire from the top 3% of developers and designers with Toptal. Email
email@example.com a personal introduction.
JS Party goes live February 24 at Noon PT / 3pm ET.
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Thanks to @DerfOh (Fredrick) for submitting issue #605 to suggest this topic
- Vault by HashiCorp
- Vault on GitHub
- Vault docs
- The Tao of HashiCorp is the foundation that guides HashiCorp’s vision, roadmap, and product design.
- HashiCorp Releases
- Shamir’s Secret Sharing
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!