Julian Shapiro, startup founder and developer, joined the show to talk about his story of entrepreneurship, open source, growth hacking, and more. Julian’s story is a story you don’t want to miss — plus he shares actionable advice on growing and marketing an open source project.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Rollbar – Put errors in their place! Full-stack error tracking for all apps in any language. Get the Bootstrap plan free for 90 days. That’s nearly 300,000 errors tracked totally free. Members can get an extra $200 in credit.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice! This is what we built our new CMS on. Use the code
changelog20to get 2 months free!
- Elixir Conf 2016 – Late pricing starts August 15, so get your tickets today and save money. ElixirConf is the largest worldwide gathering of Elixir developers. Join José Valim, Chris McCord, Sonny Scroggin, James Edward Gray, Bruce Tate, Eric Meadows-Jönnson, and many more.
- Julian Shapiro – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- [Guest Suggestion] Julian Shapiro / VelocityJS
- Velocity.js on GitHub
- How to deal with startup competition
- Introducing Libscore
- Libscore on GitHub
- Stripe Open-Source Retreat
- Thomas Davis on Twitter
- #63: CDNJS with Thomas Davis and Ryan Kirkman
- Jason Chen on Twitter
- Jesse Chase on Twitter
- Searching for Sugar Man (Movie recommendation from Julian)
- Man on Wire (Movie recommendation from Julian)