Juan Benet joined the show to talk about IPFS (InterPlanetary File System), a peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol to make the web faster, safer, and more open — addressed by content and identities. We talked about what it is, how it works, how it can be used, and how it just might save the future of the web.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Toptal – Join the best, or hire the best engineers and designers! Email Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a personal introduction to our friends at Toptal.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice! This is what we built our new CMS on. Use the code
changelog20to get 2 months free!
- Juan Benet – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- IPFS is a new peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol.
- IPFS Alpha Demo - YouTube
- Ralph Merkle’s Home Page
- EverythingStays - Immutable & Distributed NodeJS Modules With IPFS
- Self-certifying File System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Conflict-free replicated data type - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia