We’re talking with Gerhard Lazu, our resident SRE, ops, and infrastructure expert about the evolution of Changelog’s infrastructure, what’s new in 2020, and what we’re planning for in 2021. The most notable change? We’re now running on Linode Kubernetes Engine (LKE)! We even test the resilience of this new infrastructure by purposefully taking the site down. That’s near the end, so don’t miss it!
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Linode – Get $100 in free credit to get started on Linode – our cloud of choice and the home of Changelog.com. Head to linode.com/changelog
- Teamistry – Teamistry is a podcast that tells the stories of teams who work together in new and unexpected ways to achieve remarkable things. Season 2 of Teamistry is out now. Search for Teamistry anywhere you listen to podcasts, or head here to subsribe.
- Equinix – Equinix Metal is built from the ground up to empower developers with low-latency, high performance infrastructure anywhere. Get $500 in free credit to play with plus a rad t-shirt at info.equinixmetal.com/changelog
- LaunchDarkly – Power experimentation at any scale. Fast and reliable feature management for the modern enterprise.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Gerhard Lazu – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Read Gerhard’s post covering all the details for Changelog’s 2020 and beyond infrastructure.
- The Changelog #254: Deploying Changelog.com with Gerhard Lazu
- The new Changelog.com setup for 2019
- Inside the 2019 infrastructure for Changelog.com
- grafana.changelog.com - Compute Resources / Workload in Grafana
- Join Linode Green Light to get early access and test new Linode products before they hit the market, provide valuable feedback to influence product direction, and become part of a community of developers helping us build the cloud that works for you.
- Introducing Flux
- Check out Fernand Galiana and K9s
- Grafana Labs