In this special episode recorded at Node Interactive 2016 in Austin, TX Adam talked with James Snell (IBM Technical Lead for Node and member of Node’s TSC and CTC) about the work he’s doing on Node’s implementation of http2, the state of http2 in Node, what this new spec has to offer, and what the Node community can expect from this new protocol.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Rollbar – Put errors in their place!
npm install --save rollbarfor error tracking in your Node.js apps.
- Hacker Paradise – Do you want to spend a month in South America, expenses paid, working on open source? We teamed up with Hacker Paradise to offer two Open Source Fellowships for a month on one of their upcoming trips to either Argentina or Peru.
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
Notes and Links
This episode is a preview of our upcoming “Future of Node.js” series recorded at Node Interactive 2016 in Austin, TX. The series is produced in partnership with Node.js Foundation and sponsored by IBM. We’ll be releasing the full series soon on our new podcast “Spotlight”. If you haven’t subscribed to Changelog Master yet, which includes all the podcasts we produce, now would be a good time to do so. You can also subscribe to Changelog Weekly where we announce all the new things we’re up to.
- Checkout the http2 repo James is working on
- Watch the talk James gave at Node Interactive — Implementing HTTP/2 for Node.js Core by James Snell
- Watch all the talks from Node Interactive
- Checkout Spotlight, our new show around big announcements, conferences, the hallway track, behind the scenes — meaningful conversations with real people in the community.