Mike McQuaid joined us to catch us up on the latest in Homebrew and the recent 1.0.0 release. We talked about no more
/usr/local — Homebrew moves to
/usr/local/Homebrew to keep
/usr/local cleaner, auto-updates, the growth of the Homebrew community and how it has grown to almost 6000 unique contributors, and more.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Rollbar – Put errors in their place! Full-stack error tracking for all apps in any language.
- Toptal – Join the best, or hire the best engineers and designers! Email Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a personal introduction to our friends at Toptal.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice! We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
changelog20to get 2 months free!
- Mike McQuaid – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Homebrew 1.0.0!
- The Changelog #35: Homebrew with Max Howell
- Homebrew — The missing package manager for macOS
- Homebrew on GitHub
- Homebrew/brew on GitHub
- Contributors to Homebrew/brew
- Homebrew Discourse
- Welcome – Gentoo Linux
- KDE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Qt | Cross-platform software development for embedded & desktop
- Software Freedom Conservancy Welcomes Homebrew as a Member Project