We’re joined by Kevin Owocki, the founder of Gitcoin. Gitcoin is a platform to monetize or incentivize work in open source software. We talked about how Gitcoin sits at the intersection of sustaining open source and cryptocurrencies, their history and roadmap, their decision to leverage the brand name of Git, bug bounties, funded issues, web3, MetaMask, and the future of Gitcoin and how open source benefits.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Command Line Heroes – A new podcast about the epic true tales of the developers, hackers, and open source rebels revolutionizing the tech landscape from the command line up. Presented by Red Hat.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient native SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2018to get 4 months free!
- Google Cloud Platform Podcast – Google Cloud Platform weekly podcast is where Google developer advocates Melanie Warrick and Mark Mandel answer questions, get in the weeds and talk to GCP teams, customers, and partners about best practices—from security to machine learning and more. Hear from technologists all across Google about trends and cool things happening with our technology.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Kevin Owocki – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links