Quincy Larson is the creator of an open source community called freeCodeCamp. We talked with Quincy about “the secret to getting good at coding”, their curriculum that spans a solid year (totaling 2,080 hours) of deliberate coding practice, plans for financial sustainability of the project, and the people behind it on the leading/teaching side and the camper side.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Codeship's Docker Platform – Join this free webinar from Codeship — Co-founders Florian Motlik and Manuel Weiss will discuss their new Continuous Integration and Delivery Platform with Native Docker support
- DigitalOcean Block Storage – Use the code
CHANGELOGto get a $10 hosting credit when you create a new DigitalOcean account
- Opbeat for Node.js – Build faster Node.js apps. Instantly pinpoint performance issues, and optimize your code. Install in minutes.
- Pulse – Realtime cloud and infrastructure monitoring with visualization and alerting so you can monitor your blind spots.
Notes and Links
- Subscribe to Changelog Nightly
- Subscribe to Changelog Weekly
- Quincy Larson on Medium
- Santa Barbara Hackerspace
- GitHub’s All Time Top Repositories
- Why Software Is Eating The World by Marc Andreessen
- Sebastian Thrun on Wikipedia
- Daphne Koller on Wikipedia
- Andrew Ng on Wikipedia
- Jimmy Wales on Wikipedia
- Agency (sociology) on Wikipedia
- MEAN.IO - MongoDB, Express, Angularjs Node.js powered fullstack web framework
- Free Code Camp’s First Month - Medium
- Learn to Code by Coding - Medium
- lichess.org • Free Online Chess
- Opportunity cost
- #165: Everyone’s Welcome Here (Giant Robots Smashing Into Other Giant Robots Podcast)
- 5 Coding Podcasts to Enlighten your Commute - Medium