Wynn sat down with Wesley Beary from Engine Yard to talk about the Fog project and the Cloud, live from Red Dirt Ruby Conf.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Notes and Links
- Wesley Beary aka @geemus
- The Fog project is the Ruby cloud services library
- By coincidence this interview was recorded the day the cloud went down
- Fog supports almost twenty providers for Storage, DNS, Compute, CDN
- Dr. Nic made us laugh on Episode 0.5.0
- Engine Yard pays Wesley to hack on Fog.
- AppCloud is a Ruby Platform as a Service from Engine Yard.
- You have to commit to the project to earn a slick Fog tee
- Excon grew out of Fog’s need for EXtended http(s) CONnections
- Wesley is dubious of ‘compliant APIs’
- OpenStack is backed by Rackspace and Nasa
- Wesley likes to play with Riak
- Red Dirt Ruby Conference videos will be released on May 22