Jason Laster joined the show to talk about Firefox Debugger and DevTools. We talked about the backstory of Firefox, Firebug, the new Debugger.html, why React and Redux made a good fit to develop Debugger as a standalone application, community efforts, and getting started.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice! Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Toptal – Hire the best freelance developers and designers with Toptal. Email
firstname.lastname@example.org a personal introduction.
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
- Jason Laster – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- The Recurse Center
- A quick history of Firefox DevTools
- Web Developer (Add-on)
- 3D view
- Issue #544 - James Long and Jason Laster of the mozilla debugger.html project - thanks Bryan Clark
- Firefox Developer Tools
- XUL Tutorial
- Firefox Debugger
- debugger.html Homepage and readme
- Firefox DevTools on GitHub
- GDB: The GNU Project Debugger
- Reactide - the first dedicated IDE for React web application development
- The Changelog #242: The Burden of Open Source with James Long