Gavin Wood joined the show to talk about Ethereum, Cryptocurrency, The DAO, Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), what could you build with Ethereum, and the future of digital currency. Gavin Wood is Founder of Ethereum, creator of the Solidity contract language, and Founder of Ethcore — the company that created Parity, an open source Ethereum client.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Code School – Learn to program by doing with hands-on courses. Save $10 per month! Sign up for Code School for only $19 per month by using our special URL codeschool.com/changelog.
- Rollbar – Put errors in their place! Full-stack error tracking for all apps in any language.
- Gavin Wood – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Fred Ehrsam’s article on Medium — Ethereum is the Forefront of Digital Currency piqued Jerod’s interest for this call
- Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.
- Ethereum on GitHub
- Parity is a fast, light, and robust Ethereum implementation.
- Check out Parity on GitHub
- The DAO — Decentral Autonomous Organization
- Understanding The DAO Hack for Journalists
- Learn how to buy Ethereum on Coinbase
- Rent, sell or share anything - without middlemen with Slock.it