Wynn sat down with Chris Anderson from CouchBase to talk about CouchDB, the merger with Membase, Erlang, and bringing NoSQL to PHPers.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Notes and Links
- Chris Anderson is a Couchbase cofounder, Mobile Architect, CouchDB committer, new dad
- The CouchDB music video (served up from CouchDB no less)
- Chris sings the official CouchDB theme song to kick off Episode 0.1.8
- Apache CouchDb is a distributed, fault-tolerant and schema-free document-oriented database accessible via a RESTful HTTP/JSON API.
- Damien Katz is the creator of CouchDB.
- CouchBase was formed from merging Membase and CouchOne
- Chris is one of the rare CFOs with a GitHub account
- CouchBase makes the case for NoSQL
- Membase Server currently uses Sqlite under the hood, but will be swapped out for Couch’s storage engine soon
- Mobile Couchbase runs on iOS and brings Couch to your mobile device
- Zynga makers of Farmville use Membase
- The CouchApp toolkit is now maintained by Benoît Chesneau
- Aaron Miller led the charge to get Erlang on iOS, changing dynamic linking to static linking.
- SpiderMonkey was included iOS for CouchMobile and its JIT compiler made it preferable to V8 or Nitro for Couch tasks.
- GeoCouch adds geospatial features to CouchDB
- Chris outlines the distinctives for Couch’s incremental Map/Reduce
- Jason Smith in Thailand keeps the lights on for CouchBase hosting solutions
- Cloudant offers hosting for Couch in the cloud
- Wynn wants to see integration for CouchBase and Appcelerator Titanium
- Todd Anderson has a great tutorial on using jQuery mobile and CouchDB
- Damien Katz is Chris’ programming hero
- Chris says working with Jan Lehnardt is a blast
- Be sure and check out CouchDB - The Definitive Guide by Chris, Jan, and Noah