Jerod gathers a group of friends for our first game show experiment here on Changelog & Friends! This is a game of obscure jargon, fake definitions & expert tomfoolery. Our contestants checked their imposter syndrome at the door, because they either know what these words mean or they fake it ’til they make their peers think they do.
Changelog++ members get a bonus 16 minutes at the end of this episode and zero ads. Join today!
- Passbolt – It’s time for a new password manager. Read why
- Statsig – Build faster with confidence. Startups to Fortune 500s rely on Statsig to make data-driven decisions. Ship smarter and faster with the unified platform for feature flags, experimentation, and analytics. Our listeners get free white-glove onboarding, migration support, and 5 million free events per month.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Amal Hussein – Twitter, GitHub
- Taylor Troesh – GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Lars Wikman – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Adam Stacoviak – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:00) - Let's play!
(00:37) - Game show & Friends
(03:57) - How to play
(06:16) - Round 1: Megger
(14:32) - Round 2: Rubber Sheet Model
(21:45) - Round 3: Zeigarnik Effect
(28:57) - Sponsor: Passbolt
(33:16) - Round 4: NMR
(42:49) - Round 5: Riemann Hypothesis
(51:07) - Round 6: Zitterbewegung
(1:01:12) - Round 7: Give it a GOOG
(1:09:09) - Sponsor: Statsig
(1:12:52) - Round 8: Caisson
(1:18:10) - Round 9: How do you do?
(1:27:28) - Round 10: Petechiae
(1:36:58) - And the winner is...
(1:37:29) - Winner's circle
(1:39:06) - Game feedback
(1:43:03) - Coming up next