Daniel Stenberg joined the show to talk about 20 years of curl, what’s new with http2, and the backstory of QUIC - a new transport designed by Jim Roskind at Google which offers reduced latency compared to that of TCP+TLS+HTTP/2.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Rollbar – We catch our errors before our users do because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes, and deploy your code with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- DigitalOcean – DigitalOcean is simplicity at scale. Whether your business is running one virtual machine or ten thousand, DigitalOcean gets out of your way so your team can build, deploy, and scale faster and more efficiently. New accounts get $100 in credit to use in your first 60 days.
- OSCON – O’Reilly’s Open Source Convention combines the experience of the open source community with ideas and strategies for using open source tools and technologies. There’s no event quite like OSCON! When registration opens — save 20% on most passes by using the code
CHANGELOGwhen you register.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Daniel Stenberg – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Daniel Stenberg on Twitter: “Twenty years of maintaining open source, and all I ever got… “
- Everything curl - Book
- Copy as curl
- Web transport, today and tomorrow
- QUIC Homepage
- What is the difference between TPC and UDP?
- IETF - Internet Engineering Task Force
- The annual curl user survey is up. Please donate a few minutes and answer some questions!
- curl survey 2017 – analysis | daniel.haxx.se