Ary Borenszweig and Juan Wajnerman, the folks behind Crystal, joined the show to talk about the goals of the language, how it’s the best of both worlds between Ruby and C, why if it’s so close to and inspired by Ruby why not just give their time/effort to Ruby instead, the new compiler, and we also discussed what’s left before Crystal can go 1.0.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Toptal – Join the best or hire the best engineers and designers! Email Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get a personal introduction to get started with Toptal.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice! We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
changelog20to get 2 months free!
- Ary Borenszweig – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Juan Wajnerman – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Changelog Weekly - Issue #32
- Manas Technology Solutions (manas.com.ar)
- Crystal Homepage
- Hacker News search for “crystal-lang”
- The Future of Crystal
- Compile & Run Code in Crystal (play.crystal-lang.org)
- Initial commit with lexer, parser, ast and visitor · manastech/crystal@220bb8c
- Initial commit · asterite/crystal@50db229
- Support Crystal Language on Bountysource