Adam and Jerod talk with Curtis “Ovid” Poe about how he got started with Perl, what Perl is really good at, why he doesn’t expect everyone to love Perl, why Perl doesn’t get no respect, the difference between Perl 5 and Perl 6, and why the Perl community doesn’t like marketing.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Codeship – If it works with Docker, it works with Codeship Jet.
- StatusPage – The best way to create a status page for your app or website.
Notes and Links
- Curtis “Ovid” Poe - Twitter
- Ovid - GitHub
- Beginning Perl by Curtis Poe - Amazon.com
- Larry Wall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Lets talk about Perl! · Issue #87 · thechangelog/ping
- Learn Perl - learn.perl.org
- John Siracusa discusses Perl on Hypercritical | Philip Durbin [blogs.perl.org]
- John Siracusa’s Perl Page
- COBOL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Booking.com dev blog
- Curtis Poe (Ovid) - Roles versus Inheritance - YouTube
- Roles without Moose? | Ovid [blogs.perl.org]
- Is Perl 6 pointless, hopeless or just not done? | David Golden
- What is happening with Perl 6 and Larry Wall? : perl
- Role::Tiny - search.cpan.org
- Moose::Role - search.cpan.org
- Catalyst | Perl MVC web application framework
- Damian Conway - Perl Best Practices