Since airing this show, Pieter passed away due to his battle with a metastasis of bile duct cancer in both lungs. But rather than listen to this show with sadness, listen with a happy heart and let’s celebrate Pieter’s life, and what he has accomplished. Thank you Pieter from the bottom of our hearts for your time on this show and for all that you are. You are loved by us my friend. This show will forever be a very special show for us.
Pieter Hintjens is the creator of ZeroMQ and The Collective Code Construction Contract (C4), a writer of many books and protocols, as well as a developer with decades of building software and communities – he’s someone who’s given so much, and continues to give - even up until the time he is planning for his death.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Rollbar – We catch our errors before our users do because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes, and deploy your code with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Pieter Hintjens – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- A Protocol for Dying
- Donate to make Pieter’s childrens’ lives easier, when he’s not there any more
- Planned Death
- Building Online Communities
- Books by Pieter Hintjens
- ZeroMQ Homepage
- The ZeroMQ project on GitHub
- Doron Somech, Pieter’s successor
- ZeroMQ: Modern & Fast Networking Stack by Ilya Grigorik
- ZeroMQ - Get The Software
- ZeroMQ Language Bindings
- ZeroMQ - Solve a Problem
- ZeroMQ - The Guide
- C4 - The Collective Code Construction Contract (C4)
- Changelog Weekly #12
- Changelog Weekly #72
- Changelog Weekly #73
- Changelog Weekly #83
- The Changelog #203: Jewelbots and Getting Kids Coding With Sara Chipps and George Stocker