From 18F — Hillary Hartley and Aidan Feldman joined the show to talk about how 18F is changing the way the federal government builds and buys digital services.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Code School – Black Friday Special (November 21-28) — Save 49% on a 6-month plan, and 51% on a yearly plan. These are HUGE savings for a limited time only.
- Rollbar – Put errors in their place! Full-stack error tracking for all apps in any language.
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
- Hillary Hartley – Twitter, GitHub
- Aidan Feldman – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- The Presidential Innovation Fellows (PIF) program brings the innovation economy into government, by pairing talented, diverse technologists and innovators with top civil-servants and change-makers within the federal government.
- The White House’s Presidential Innovation Fellows program on Twitter
- The Changelog #157: Building Bridges with Sarah Allen
- The CC0 1.0 license - “Additionally, we waive copyright and related rights in the work worldwide through the CC0 1.0 Universal public domain dedication.”
- cloud.gov - The Government Innovation platform by government developers, for government developers.
- analytics.usa.gov on GitHub
- 18F on GitHub
- The System for Award Management (SAM) - certification for working as a vendor for the U.S. government
- FedRAMP Ready Products
- The Washington Post - Why a federal high-tech start-up is a money loser
- Tom VanAntwerp on Medium - 18F is Hardly a Waste of Money
- Join one of 18F’s Slack rooms
- code.gov is the next milestone in federal open source code
- Micro-purchase stats page
- 18F Guides
- 18F Open Source Style Guide