In this episode Wes and Scott are talking all about CSS layout - how it works, things to watch out for and more!Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what’s happening with your errors, track them with Sentry. Sentry is open-source error tracking that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in real time. Cut your time on error resolution from five hours to five minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code “tastytreat”.CSS In Depth and In Motion - Sponsor
CSS in Depth in Motion from Manning Publications is a great way to master CSS. Modern CSS can handle a dizzying array of styles and effects without external frameworks, and this liveVideo course from Manning Publications will get you there. As a Syntax listener, you can get 40% off all their books and courses by visiting deals.manning.com/webdev and using the coupon code syntax40 at checkout.Show Notes
- When to use position fixed/static/absolute/relative/sticky
- When to use height, width, max-height, max-width, top, bottom, left, right, etc.
- What about relationships between containers and their children?
- What about positioning behaviors of elements like , , , etc.?
- Floating and clearing
- Flexbox, Grid and responsive design
- Mobile-first or desktop-first?
- Viewport units - vw, vh, vmin, vmax, etc