Bringing tech events into the virtual web-o-sphere can be a daunting task. In this episode, we talk about what it's been like as an attendee, contributor, and organizer of there virtual events. We cover the great things, the maybe-not-so-great things, and even come up with an idea for a WHOLE other event, because, why not. Come join us on this virtual, distant journey.
Few of our favorite things! & hard transitions
- The challenge of making awesome IRL events move to virtual.
- The lack of the hallway track
- 🍩 wall, and 🍩 puns
- No more personal interactions?
- Finding ways to make it interactive
- Twitch & YouTube
- Virtual networking
- the length of the talks
- pre-recorded talks vs. live talks
- absorbing a lot of information & limited attention spans
- smaller chunks over longer periods of time
- short intense learning followed by soaking
- our favorite virtual event memories or ones we want to make
- (we also gush about Jamstack Conf bc we're very, very excited!!)