Recording date: 2019-01-31
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Adam Baldwin @adam_baldwin
- Details about the Event Stream Incident
- News about the Event Stream Incident
- Package Locks
- npm Audit
- Comparing npm audit with Snyk
- Private Packages
- Ways to Have Your Private npm Registry
- The Rogue Gallery of Cybersecurity Bad Actors
- FaceTime Audio Bug
- Two Factor Authentication
- How Serverless Works to Manage HaveIBeenPwned
Someone to follow
- @ManfredSteyer / Softwarearchitekt.at
- @ShmuelaJ / NG-Girls.org
- 00:57 Guest Introduction
- 05:29 Should we be worried about this happening again?
- 06:54 What's the best course of action when you see security warnings?
- 08:56 What is Greenkeeper?
- 10:18 Sponsor: Nativescript
- 10:52 Comparing npm audit and snyk
- 14:33 What do people who want to have a corporate acccount do?
- 21:22 Using a real world example
- 24:08 Are there times where it can't figure out what to do?
- 26:16 Isn't there a way to just keep malware out of the registry?
- 28:22 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 29:23 What's a bad actor?
- 34:17 FaceTime group call bug
- 36:05 Recommended tips for security
- 39:34 What's the state of 2 factor auth?
- 42:31 When we pass software to clients, how can we secure things?
- 45:08 Someone to follow