Have you ever written code to add a new feature that ended up breaking an existing feature? Or, have you ever written code that works in one scenario but breaks in a bunch of others? I think we can all admit to this as developers!
Well, this is where testing shines -- we write code to test our other code so we immediately get warned if our code breaks something else! OR doesn’t work in every scenario. In this episode, we’ll talk about a bunch of types of testing and why they’re helpful. Let’s dive in.
- 01:39 What is our experience with testing?
- 05:12 What types of code do you write tests for normally?
- 06:38 What different types of testing are there?
- 14:26 Why is testing important?
- 18:50 TDD vs adding tests after
- 23:33 What types of tools can you use?
- Angie Jones
- Test Automation University
- Kent C. Dodds
- Knowing what to test
- Types of Testing
Here is the transcript for this week's episode.