What’s the difference between a junior and senior developer? While there’s no distinct measure from one title to the next, you can measure your progress in three areas: knowledge, coding, and communication. This week on the podcast we’re doing a deep dive into the progression from junior to senior dev.
- 02:19 The use of "engineer" in titles
- 04:43 What levels are there for developers?
- 08:24 The importance of job titles
- 11:22 Does years of experience matter?
- 17:17 What knowledge should you have at each level?
- 27:57 What communication skills should you have at each level?
- 30:17 How do you know you're ready to be a senior developer?
- 32:05 Tips for becoming senior
- 33:33 Shoutouts
Here is the transcript for this week's episode.