Your 3 intrepid hosts try to explain JS concepts (bind/apply, thunks, and ReasonML) to each other as if we’re five year olds. Hilarity and/or confusion ensues. During Pro Tip Time, Suz tells a story of woe, KBall motivates himself, and Jerod tries to keep you in the flow. Finally, we point our project spotlight at Fly CDN and talk edge applications and IoT.
- Rollbar – We catch our errors before our users do because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes, and deploy your code with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Raygun – Unblock your biggest app performance bottlenecks with Raygun APM. Smarter application performance monitoring (APM) that lets you understand and take action on software issues affecting your customers.
- Gauge – Low maintenance test automation! Gauge is free and open source test automation framework that takes the pain out of acceptance testing.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
- Suz Hinton – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
Explaining things like we’re 5
- Here it is: PAW Patrol
- Because KBall uses them to describe bind and apply
- Did Suz’ explanation of thunks leave you wanting? GOTO
- You could listen to Jerod, or just read this page about Reason
- Should we do a show with some folks from the Reason team?
Pro Tip Time
- What is the purpose of /etc/hosts? Read all about it
- Jerod mentioned Paul Graham’s essay on Maker Schedule, Manager Schedule
- You can also read Jerod’s tips on dev.to
- Fly CDN - a CDN just for developers