KBall, Divya, and Chris talk about what’s going on in all the big frontend frameworks, share some pro tips, and shout out awesome people and things in the community.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Keen – Keen makes customer-facing metrics simple. It’s the platform that gives you powerful in-product analytics fast with minimal development time. Go to keen.io/jsparty and get your first 30-days of Keen for free.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2019. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Divya – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Christopher Hiller – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
Segment 1 - The Framework Wars
- Vue RFC Repo
- Vue3 Functions API RFC
- Vue3 Composition API RFC (latest version of functions api)
- Ember Release model
- React v16.8: The One With Hooks
- React v16.9.0 and the Roadmap Update
- Algebraic Effects for the Rest of Us
- All you need to know about Ivy, The new Angular engine!
- Svelte Sapper
Segment 2 - Pro Tips
- Daniel Rosenwasser
- How (and why!) to keep your Git commit history clean
- JSParty #77 where Divya, KBall, Nick, and Jerod talk about git histories and squashing
- Vue2 Functions API plugin
Segment 3 - Shoutouts