Big week! KBall, Nick, and JBall (nooch) dive deep in to the 2018 Node.js user survey results. What does it all mean?! They also review Ryan Dahl’s “10” regrets about Node and sound off on Microsoft’s assimilatio… err… acquisition of GitHub.
- Rollbar – We catch our errors before our users do because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes, and deploy your code with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- 2018 Node.js User Survey Report (web)
- 2018 Node.js User Survey Report (pdf)
- Third Annual Node.js User Survey Data Now Available
- 2018 Node.js User Survey Report Shows Continued Rapid Growth
- Node by Numbers 2017 — NodeSource
- 10 Things I Regret About Node.js - Ryan Dahl - JSConf EU 2018
- ry/deno: A secure TypeScript runtime on V8
- Spotlight #14: Our reactions to Microsoft buying GitHub