Mikeal Rogers, Alex Sexton, and Jessica Lord talk with James Snell (Node.js TSC Director) about the release of Node.js version 8. Then, in the second half of the show, we discuss Glitch and their new “raise your hand” feature and building a community around education. Our project of the week is Tad!
- Sentry – Get 30 days free when you sign up with the code
- Toptal – Hire the top freelance software developers, designers, and finance experts with Toptal. Email
firstname.lastname@example.org a personal introduction.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- James Snell – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Mikeal Rogers – Twitter, GitHub
- Alex Sexton – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jessica Lord – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Node v8.0.0 (Current)
- What’s New in Node 8
- Node.js 8: Big Improvements for the Debugging and Native Module Ecosystem
- Upgrading from Node 6 to Node 8: a real-world performance comparison
- Node.js 8: The First Week