KBall, Jerod, and Nick Nisi dive into GraphQL – what it can do, what the challenges are, and how it differs from REST – all with a generous helping of metaphor about buffets, restaurants, and of course bacon.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- DigitalOcean – DigitalOcean’s developer cloud makes it simple to launch in the cloud and scale up as you grow. They have an intuitive control panel, predictable pricing, team accounts, worldwide availability with a 99.99% uptime SLA, and 24/7/365 world-class support to back that up. Get your $100 credit at do.co/changelog.
- Gatsby Partner Program – Become a Gatsby certified partner today to accelerate your growth alongside their amazing ecosystem, get exclusive access to Gatsby’s product roadmap, beta test new features, access training materials, and connect with the Gatsby team. Read all about it and get started at gatsbyjs.com/changelog
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Intro to GraphQL
- What is REST
- Github GraphQL API
- GraphQL Schema and Types
- Apollo Codegen
- Nest.js GraphQL
- Hypermedia Driven RESTful APIs
- Securing your GraphQL api against malicious queries
- GraphQL REST Proxy
- Directives are underrated