Jerod, Nick, and KBall shake off their July 4th malaise by diving deep in to ES6 Proxies, wondering how best to share components across projects, and giving their younger selves advice. Also: shout outs!
- Rollbar – We catch our errors before our users do because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes, and deploy your code with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Hired – Salary and benefits upfront? Yes please. Our listeners get a double hiring bonus of $600! Or, refer a friend and get a check for $1,337 when they accept a job. On Hired companies send you offers with salary, benefits, and even equity upfront. You are in full control of the process. Learn more at hired.com/jsparty.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
- Brendan Eich’s 2010 talk: Proxies are Awesome!
- ES6 in Action: How To Use Proxies
- Proxy object on MDN
- Bit Share and build with code components
- Bit demo video
- Ping us with show ideas and feedback
- Nick’s shout outs: nvim-typescript, pettier, CodeSandbox
- Kevin’s shout outs: Tracy Lee, Jen Looper, ramda
- Jerod’s shout outs: Postico, Tmuxinator