It’s a new year which means companies are hiring and developers are interviewing. So we thought it would be fun to host a fun game of technical Jeopardy.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2019. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog.
- The Brave Browser – Browse the web up to 8x faster than Chrome and Safari, block ads and trackers by default, and reward your favorite creators with the built-in Basic Attention Token. Download Brave for free and give tipping a try right here on changelog.com.
- Jake Dohm – Twitter, GitHub
- Emma Bostian – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Christopher Hiller – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
Here are some of the topics we covered which might be useful to know in a technical interview! You should never have to define any of these things but knowing their concepts and how they work will help you land a job!
- Flexbox Froggy
- Flexbox Defense
- Polypane App
- Media queries
- Pseudo classes / elements
- Meta tag
- Const, let, var
- Scope / hoisting
- Undefined, null
- Protoypes / the prototype chain
- Higher-order functions
- Callback functions
- Event bubbling / delegation
- Functional programming
- Strict mode
- Prevent default
- Type of / instance of
- Stack overflow
- WAI-ARIA & accessibility
- XSS attacks / security breaches