Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing Cassidy, her favorite frameworks, and her road into tech.
- Understanding more about React and how Next.js fits into it.
- Discussing other JS frameworks like Nuxt and Vite.
- Making a counter and a to-do list in Vue; Cassidy’s experience with this new framework.
- How making a counter in Vue would compare to doing it in React.
- Loops, event bubbling, and deleting things from lists in Vue.
- Setting up a new Vue app versus a new React one.
- Using CSS modules versus styles in the component in Vue.
- Different shortcuts in Vue such as the dollar, pound, and v-bind.
- Issues around interpolation using string quotation marks rather than curly braces.
- Highs and lows of Cassidy’s experience with the Vue docs.
- How to find Cassidy online and read her newsletter too.
- The week’s picks: Albanese gummy bears and more!
- “I admit some of Vue, I was just like, it works and it felt magical to the point where I was just like, ‘It almost feels wrong. I need to suffer a little more to make this work.’” — @cassidoo [0:08:43]
- “Luckily, I know enough React that I don't have to go to the docs anymore because I don't like them. So, in comparison, the Vue docs are great.” — @cassidoo [0:34:55]
- “I enjoyed the Vue.” — @cassidoo [0:36:19]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Cassidy Williams
- Cassidy Williams on LinkedIn
- Cassidy Williams on GitHub
- Cassidy’s Newsletter
- Enjoy the Vue on Twitter
- Enjoy the Vue
Special Guest: Cassidy Williams.