Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s guest, Eva Sofianos.
- Eva tells us a little bit more about herself.
- Some of the challenges Eva is facing teaching her students remotely.
- Eva talks about her day-to-day tasks as a remote lecturer.
- Hear about the other courses Eve teaches at the college.
- Why Java is the preferred choice for learning institutions across the United States.
- The advantages of going through Eva’s degree program.
- What it’s like behind the scenes as a lecturer.
- How Eva creates opportunities for people with limiting backgrounds.
- Eva shares how you can make a transition from Java to Python.
- Areas outside of coding where Eva provides value to her students.
- What Brian and Eva appreciate about their tech educational background.
- Stay tuned for this week’s picks!
- “I look forward to the day that we will all be back in the classroom together. They're trying. I'm trying. We're all trying together. I do see how challenging it is from the student’s perspective.” — @EvaSofianos [0:04:50]
- “When you graduate you do know a lot more than when you started, but if you don't go out and explore further, you'll never be able to really learn. It's on-the-job that you really learn things.” — @EvaSofianos [0:09:29]
- “Getting a bachelor's in computer science is much more than just being able to program. It's understanding the connection between the hardware and the software.” — @EvaSofianos [0:18:14]
- “Find what you love, if you're lucky enough to be able to work hard and be in that industry, whatever it is, you can have a happy and successful career life.” — @EvaSofianos [0:44:10]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Enjoy the Vue on Twitter
- Enjoy the Vue
- Eva Sofianos on LinkedIn
- Eva Sofianos on Twitter
- Volume Master
- The Queen's Gambit
- Schitt's Creek
- Queen of the South
- Ethan Becker
- Kurumi - Mr. Children
Special Guest: Eva Sofianos.