One of the things we love most as developers are our tools! In this episode, we talk about some of our favorite productivity tools, debate the merits of different keyboard layouts, how we work as developers and more. And yes, we even tackle the infamous tabs vs spaces debate.
- [00:00:40] The panel goes over their developer tool stack. First up…browsers
- [00:03:02] What code editors are they all using?
- [00:04:39] What Terminal App are they using? Who on the panel is using just Terminal??!!! What?!!! Also, Chris Fritz brings up alt keyboard usage and terminal themes.
- [00:09:53] Since they started talking about terminal themes, the group wanted to find out what themes they are using in VS Code?
- [00:14:21] The BIG question?? Tabs or spaces? 1, 2, or 3?? Chris argues that the research shows “2” is the correct answer.
- [00:20:32] What is their GIT methodology?
- [00:27:12] What are some of the other favorite VS Code extensions that they like?
- [00:30:38] What is everyone’s one productivity app that they like to use?
- [00:35:28] Ari Clark’s first pick is an app she picked up from Marina Mosti’s book “Building Forms with Vue.js” called Mockoon, which allows you to mock out servers. Her next pick is a Netflix show called “Diagnosis.”
- [00:36:40] Chris Fritz has more Netflix picks this week. A couple of episodes from Black Mirror that he watched: “San Junipero” and “Striking Vipers”. Chris’s second pick is also for Notion. He uses it for relationships as well.
- [00:39:58] Elizabeth Fine has a “backup” pick, it’s a Testing Handbook for Vue Test Utils by Lachlan Miller.
- [00:40:29] Ben Hong wraps up this week’s picks with the Anime “Dr Stone” available on Crunchy Roll. Of course, as revealed in the productivity segment, Notion is one of Ben’s other picks this week.